Choosing the right office space is crucial for the success of the business. Equally important is a strategic layout and designing of the office spaces so chosen. Effective office layout is not just about the right furniture, but placing the right furniture at the right place. Sitting area, seating area and comfortable and handy storage space; each facility enhances overall productivity of the business.
Mentioned below are a few tips that not only promise a delight for the staff but also ensure a pleasant and comfortable experience to the customers and clients.
- Depend on Natural Lights – Although artificial lighting like LEDs and fluorescent tubes and bulbs are effectively used as highlighters, ample natural light at work stations helps boost productivity in humans. Thus, placing each work station next to windows and source of natural light is of paramount importance.
- Comfortable and Attractive Furniture – The furniture and electronic equipment of the office be comfortable and attractive. Most importantly, the layout should be in consensus with the workflow method adopted in the office. Straight line, circle or U-shape choose the layout that ensures a steady flow of work.
- Ensure Cleanliness: The furniture and structures of the office should be selected with care. Equipments should be light and convenient to move thus allowing regular cleaning and mopping of the floor and shelves.
- Centre Place for Common Gadgets: While every work station should be well-equipped with gadgets and equipment matching the profile of the staff member, a centre place should be opted for installing common equipments like photocopier and printer.
- Offer Convenient Storage Space: If your business is too much dependent on files and paper work, ensure that you have ample storage space for all files. In addition to shelves and cabinets, each work station should have drawers with functional locks.
Once you’ve moved to your new office and done with the setting-up bit, keep in mind that other issues will keep cropping in time and again. Be flexible and versatile to handle each addition and transition effectively.